• Introductory chemistry set designed specifically for young kids
• Conduct experiments to identify different chemicals
• Discover the invisible gas carbon dioxide and its very visible effects
• 48-page manual guides young chemists through 25 experiments
Kick off a chain reaction of fun-filled experiments with this introductory chemistry set designed specifically for young kids. Junior chemists can safely explore simple chemistry using the tools in this kit and common household substances from the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. Learn how to use basic chemistry equipment such as filters, test tubes, pipettes, and measuring spoons, and beakers. Make your own test tube racks out of plaster and learn about the chemical reaction that formed them. Conduct experiments to identify different chemicals using reactions, heat, evaporation, and crystallization. Examine the composition of inks and dyes with chromatography experiments, where colors magically separate from one another on a filter paper disk. Explore the properties of water, soaps, and oils. Experiment with acids and bases using indicators (pH strips and cabbage juice) to identify them. Make fizzy reactions with acids and bases to dissolve shells and inflate balloons. Discover the invisible gas carbon dioxide and its very visible effects. The full-color, 48-page manual guides inquisitive young chemists and their adult supervisors through safely conducting each of the 25 experiments.
• An introductory tour of chemistry with 28 classic experiments
• Discover the colorful effects of acids and bases
• Make fizzy and foamy reactions and write messages with invisible ink
• Learn about reactions between solids, liquids, and gases
• 48-page, full-color experiment manual
• Simple instructions for experiment
• Clear explanations of what happened and why
• Ages 10+
Learn about reactions between solids, liquids, and gases. Discover the colorful effects of acids and bases. Perform astonishing "magic" tricks for your friends. Make fizzy and foamy reactions. Write messages with invisible ink. Investigate metals and salts in electrochemical experiments with a 9-volt battery (not included). Learn for yourself how chemistry goes far beyond textbooks and laboratories to explain occurrences that happen around us every day. The 48-page,full-color experiment manual gives simple instructions for setting up and performing each experiment, and then clear explanations of what happened and why. This kit is ideal for children who are interested in chemistry but who are not yet ready for a more advanced chemistry set. It serves as an excellent introduction to our other chemistry sets.
• Set up your lab and learn how to safely handle lab equipment and chemicals
• Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your experiments
• Learn about indicators with litmus solution and write a message in invisible ink.
• Experiment with air pressure, surface tension, and physical properties of fluids
• Get exposure to a broad range of chemical phenomena
• Provides clear instructions, explanations, and asks and answers questions
• Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation.
• 80-page, full-color experiment manual
• 125 diverse experiments.
• Ages 10 and up.
Enroll in CHEM C1000 and prepare for a lifetime of fascination with this essential science through 125 diverse experiments. Start with an introduction to the field of chemistry and famous chemists. Set up your lab space and learn how to safely handle the lab equipment and chemicals. Learn about indicators with litmus solution and write a secret message in invisible ink. Test the inks from your colored markers on the chromatography racetrack to reveal their different color components. Experiment with air pressure, surface tension, and the physical properties of fluids. Experiment with two well-known metals, iron and copper. Investigate carbon dioxide. Dissolve metals with electrochemical reactions. Explore water and its elements, saturated and unsaturated solutions, and crystals. Split water into hydrogen and oxygen with electrolysis, and form oxygen from hydrogen peroxide. Experiment with soaps, detergents, and emulsions of water and oil. Investigate chemistry in the kitchen by experimenting with sugar, honey, starch, eggs and proteins, fatty acids, and calcium. Begin to build a strong foundation in chemistry with exposure to a broad range of chemical phenomena and hands-on laboratory experiences. This kit provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments, offers safety advice, offers explanations for the observed occurrences, and asks and answers questions about the results. Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation. Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments. The 80-page, full-color experiment manual guides aspiring young chemists through each of the 125 experiments. Ages 10 and up.
• Understand the remarkable reactions behind ordinary occurrences.
• Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments.
• This kit introduces you to the alcohol burner for experiments that require heat.
• The 128-page, full-color manual
• 250 experiments
• Provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments and explains the results.
• Ages 11 and up.
Discover how fascinating the world is when you understand the remarkable reactions behind ordinary occurrences. CHEM C2000 includes everything in CHEM C1000 and more — with twice the tools and materials, and more than three times the experiments. Most notably, this kit introduces you to the alcohol burner for experiments that require heat, greatly expanding the number of experiments you can conduct. Experiment with filtering and separating mixtures, combustion, and electrochemical reactions. Learn how to work with indicators and stronger acids and bases. Explore elements and compounds, including the chemical and physical properties of water, carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon. Discover atoms and molecules. Inspect soaps and household cleaners. Experiment with various foods from the kitchen to learn about sugars, fats, and proteins. Investigate metals such as iron, copper, and aluminum. Learn about how chemistry is used in environmental protection and industry. After completing CHEM C2000, you will have experienced firsthand the most important topics in chemistry, creating an excellent foundation for later study of chemical equations and atomic structure. The 128-page, full-color manual guides aspiring young chemists through 250 experiments. The manual provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments and explains the results. Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation. Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments. Ages 11 and up.
• The ultimate chemistry kit
• Designed and manufactured in Germany for safe experimentation
• Over 333 experiments in 32 sections
• Start with fun experiments to learn basic chemistry principles
• 192-page, full-color experiment manual
• Hands-on approach to teaching chemistry
• An excellent preparation for highschool level chemistry.
• Ages 12 and up.
CHEM C3000 is the ultimate chemistry set. This kit includes all of the components from CHEM C2000, plus dozens of additional tools and chemicals, and 100 additional experiments, for a total of more than 333 experiments. The 192-page, full-color experiment manual is written at a more advanced level than the other CHEM kit manuals. You could call it a textbook, but the manual is too much fun to make that comparison. CHEM C3000 has a similar hands-on approach to teaching chemistry as our other CHEM kits, but also teaches more advanced topics such as chemical equations, atomic structures, and the periodic table. These concepts are critical to continued study of chemistry. CHEM C3000 is an excellent preparation for highschool level chemistry. Ages 12 and up.
• Make rock Candy, chocolates, gummy Bears, wintergreen candies, and more
• Learn about specific heat and temperature, crystallization, measurements and more
• Personalize your candy by choosing your ingredients
• Decorate your finished candy with colorful foils, papers cups, and wrappers
• Includes 48-page full-color manual
• Ages 10 and up
Explore chemistry as you cook up candies and chocolates in the kitchen! Perform 25 sweet experiments and learn important physical science principles related to candy and cooking. Discover why sugar crystallizes to make rock candy. Learn about specific heat and the phases of matter by molding chocolates. Use a thermometer and learn about heat and temperature while boiling sugar. Gain experience with measurements and conversions, volumes, and weights. Investigate the chemistry of gummy bears. Learn about the mysterious phenomenon of triboluminescence with wintergreen candies. 48-page, full-color manual.