• Set up your lab and learn how to safely handle lab equipment and chemicals
• Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your experiments
• Learn about indicators with litmus solution and write a message in invisible ink.
• Experiment with air pressure, surface tension, and physical properties of fluids
• Get exposure to a broad range of chemical phenomena
• Provides clear instructions, explanations, and asks and answers questions
• Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation.
• 80-page, full-color experiment manual
• 125 diverse experiments.
• Ages 10 and up.
Enroll in CHEM C1000 and prepare for a lifetime of fascination with this essential science through 125 diverse experiments. Start with an introduction to the field of chemistry and famous chemists. Set up your lab space and learn how to safely handle the lab equipment and chemicals. Learn about indicators with litmus solution and write a secret message in invisible ink. Test the inks from your colored markers on the chromatography racetrack to reveal their different color components. Experiment with air pressure, surface tension, and the physical properties of fluids. Experiment with two well-known metals, iron and copper. Investigate carbon dioxide. Dissolve metals with electrochemical reactions. Explore water and its elements, saturated and unsaturated solutions, and crystals. Split water into hydrogen and oxygen with electrolysis, and form oxygen from hydrogen peroxide. Experiment with soaps, detergents, and emulsions of water and oil. Investigate chemistry in the kitchen by experimenting with sugar, honey, starch, eggs and proteins, fatty acids, and calcium. Begin to build a strong foundation in chemistry with exposure to a broad range of chemical phenomena and hands-on laboratory experiences. This kit provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments, offers safety advice, offers explanations for the observed occurrences, and asks and answers questions about the results. Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation. Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments. The 80-page, full-color experiment manual guides aspiring young chemists through each of the 125 experiments. Ages 10 and up.