This concise introduction to the life of the past as revealed through fossils, is an invaluable and enjoyable guide which includes:
• Descriptions of the typical plants and animals of major geological eras
• Maps showing where fossils can be found
• The history of the development of life on earth
• Full-color illustrations
Life of the past as revealed through fossils. 481 illustrations.
This handy identification guide to the most common kinds of rocks and minerals offers concise and fascinating information on:
- Physical and chemical properties
- Origins and geologic significance
- Gems and semiprecious stones
- How to find and collect specimens
Illustrated in full color throughout, Rocks, Gems and Minerals is a gem of a guide for rockhounds and mineral collectors!