• Build a realistic wind turbine to harness power out of thin air.
• Assemble a wind turbine complete with electric generator and adjustable blades
• Conduct experiments to optimize its performance by adjusting the blades
• Convert the wind turbine into an electric fan by using the electric generator
• Build three additional models with the parts included
• Conduct more than 20 experiments with your wind turbine
Build a working wind turbine to harness power out of thin air. Wind is one of the most promising sources of clean, renewable energy available today. Wind energy has been used for centuries to pump water and crush grain in windmills, and is now increasingly being used to generate electricity to power our modern world. Assemble a wind turbine complete with electric generator, adjustable rotors, and wind speed indicator. Conduct more than 20 experiments with your wind turbine. Use the wind turbine to generate mechanical power to lift a heavy weight or generate electricity. Learn the physics of force and motion as it applies to wind power technology. Learn how to measure and calculate the different forces acting on the rotor blades. Read about different types of wind turbines and windmills. The full-color, 32-page experiment manual included. Ages 8 and up.