fischertechnik Introduction to STEM II is a more in-depth introduction to technology and robotics. This set uses everyday technology and invites students to construct 12 easy-to-understand models. Students are offered a foundation in STEM concepts with a focus on computer science. Based on the easy-to-use ROBO Pro Light software, this set introduces programming activities and incorporates robotics as a catalyst for interactive learning. Through building a model, students will experience hands-on applications of programming and see how it translates to the physical world. Engage students with hands-on activities that will help them develop an interest and aptitude in computer science and other STEM subjects. This education set is recommended for grades 3-5, and includes standards-based curriculum.
Learn more about topics covered and components included in this set in the product description below.
The fischertechnik Introduction to STEM II set is an ideal introduction to robotics and technology. This set focuses on computer science and the computational logic required to program everyday items. Students can construct 12 easy-to-understand models, including:
- A hand dryer
- Windshield wipers
- A lighthouse with blinking light
- An automatic sliding door
Components included to complete projects*
- The ROBO Pro Light software makes programming easy to understand and allows students to get started quickly.
- The ROBO LT Controller serves as a microcontroller for all of your projects. It includes 3 inputs for sensors and 2 outputs for motors or indicator lights has a USB interface for simultaneous power supply.
- Set contains 200 fischertechnik parts, including:
- ROBO LT Controller (USB interface/USB power supply)
- ROBO PRO Light software
- An XS motor
- 2 lights
- A lens tip lamp
- 2 switches
*Windows based PC required for operation
Recommended for Grades: 3, 4 and 5