Don't miss the best meteor shower of the year. Discover the figure of the boy, "Jack," on the moon. Quickly locate favorite constellations such as the Big and Little Dipper, Orion, Draco, and Cassiopeia. With Mark R. Chartrand's Night Sky: A Guide to Field Identification, now you can! No other guide makes it easier for the casual stargazer or beginning astronomer to enjoy the splendors of the universe and appreciate the laws that govern the sun, moon, planets, and stars.
• Ideal for viewing with the naked eye, binoculars, or small telescopes
• Seasonal sky maps for each region of the United States
• Expert help photographing celestial events
• Solar eclipse timetable and safe viewing tips
• 280 pages, softcover, 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" size
Discover the Red-bellied Turtle, which is nearly extinct. Uncover a Garter Snake in your backyard. Locate an Alligator Lizard--or a Legless one. Identifying reptiles is fascinating and fun with this classic Golden Field Guide. Abundant illustrations and the Key Characteristic system, preferred by professionals, make this single-volume reference an outstanding choice for nature projects, collectors of all ages, and scientific study.
• All of North America in one volume
• 278 species and 500 subspecies in 22 families...plus 18 exotics
• Illustrations include juveniles and adults, body forms, undersides, scales, and more!
• Text, range maps, and illustrations seen together at a glance
• Common and scientific names
• Convenient measuring rules
• Plus first aid information for snakebites.