Don't miss the best meteor shower of the year. Discover the figure of the boy, "Jack," on the moon. Quickly locate favorite constellations such as the Big and Little Dipper, Orion, Draco, and Cassiopeia. With Mark R. Chartrand's Night Sky: A Guide to Field Identification, now you can! No other guide makes it easier for the casual stargazer or beginning astronomer to enjoy the splendors of the universe and appreciate the laws that govern the sun, moon, planets, and stars.
• Ideal for viewing with the naked eye, binoculars, or small telescopes
• Seasonal sky maps for each region of the United States
• Expert help photographing celestial events
• Solar eclipse timetable and safe viewing tips
• 280 pages, softcover, 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" size