• Set up your perfume Laboratory and learn about the art of making your own scents
• Explore the physiology of smell and how you sense and recognize smells
• Learn about the history of perfume making
• Discover where natural and synthetic fragrances come from
• Introduces young perfumers to the biology, chemistry, and fragrance design
• Includes high-quality perfume oils and important tools of the trade.
• A parents' Choice silver honor award winner
Experiment with countless fragrance combinations on your way to becoming a master perfumer. Learn how your nose and olfactory system work with your brain to sense and recognize smells. Discover where natural and synthetic fragrances come from. Use vegetable shortening to extract the fragrant oils from rose petals. Find out what makes a perfume different from a cologne. The chemistry and techniques behind fragrance design. This kit is a complete perfumer's laboratory including 8 high-quality perfume oils, decorative flacons (small bottles) for storing your perfume creations and important tools of the trade. The 48-page full-color manual included. Ages 10 and up.